Monday, January 23, 2012

Time for Work

So the time has come, the time that I've been dreading...returning back to work! Whoever made the decision that mommies should return to work shortly after having a baby is crazy. And yes, 8 months IS shortly after having a baby.

When I first got pregnant I thought I would only be out for 3 months with my baby. Then when I was 4 or 5 months pregnant I knew I would need more than 3 months but I was sure I wouldn't be able to have more than that. So when my amazing work allowed me to stay out for longer I was so happy.

Fast forward to January 2012 and it was time for me to return to work. I've been out for almost 8 months with David and I consider myself very lucky. Not many people get such opportunities. So why was I so upset with returning to work? Maybe because I'm controlling and I need to monitor all of David's feedings and naps. Maybe because I enjoy being a stay at home mom. But the main reason is because I love being with David at all times. How can I be away from such an amazing person?!?!

So today when I was leaving the house for my first day back at work I had so many emotions going on. As I got to work and was occupied with various tasks I noticed that the day was almost over within minutes. Of course, the hour lunch break and 2 pumping sessions gave me some nice alone time :)

Obviously I was rushing home to see my sweet, delicious face once it was time to leave. It was amazing seeing him after so many hours away but I knew at that moment that I can be a working mommy. Now Mr. David is sleeping, dinner has been eaten, David's breakfast, lunch, and dinner are cooked for tomorrow. Now I have 15 minutes to myself!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment