Sunday, January 1, 2012

5,4,3,2,1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

New Years is the BEST holiday of the year. Ever since I was a little girl, December 31st was a huge celebration in my family. We would have a huge Christmas tree filled with presents. I always stayed up to celebrate with my parents and their friends. Right after the countdown and the hugs and the kisses we opened presents. So exciting! Now that I have David I feel that this holiday is even more special.

I want David to grow up feeling just as excited for December 31st as I did. I want our little family to have these traditions but I know that he's just a bit young for understanding and participating in NYE but I'm still excited. That's why when my mom offered to sit with David for NYE and for us to go out I declined. Most would call me crazy for this but I wanted to spend NYE with David, especially his first NYE. Whatever, I know he didn't actually celebrate NYE but he was sleeping not far from me.

Since we wanted to spend NYE with David our only option was to do something at home. So we went to the Poconos with our friends. This was David's first mini "vacation", first mini "road trip" and first not sleeping in a crib (we brought a playpen). So pretty big steps for us!

I was excited/worried to see how he was going to be in the car, how he was going to nap and sleep at night throughout the yelling, and how mommy and daddy were going to feel with lack of sleep. David proved to be amazing as usual. The ride there he decided to take an hour and a half nap...which NEVER happens! Then for all his naps he fell asleep like a big boy without being rocked. Even though we were loud during his naps and bedtime he was a trooper. Gene and  I did go up to him a few times, especially during NYE to help him fall back asleep when we were all yelling, but he was great with sleeping through most of it. In my opinion, he woke up to say Happy NYE to Mama and Papa :) One of the nights he was waking up a lot and I had to keep getting up to him, but no biggie. So worth it! He loved all the attention and I loved all the babysitters.

But now that we're home and Gene and I are running on a total of 8 hours of sleep over the past several of days, we are definitely feeling it. We've become delirious...laughing from nothing. Oh well, as long as we got to ring in the new year with our little love, Mr. David.


1 comment: