Friday, December 2, 2011

Helloooo Veggies

When David was 1 month old he was VERY gassy and in pain from his gas, so I turned to Google to help me out. I came across some information - David was reacting to me eating vegetables. Prior to coming to this conclusion I observed if it can be anything else, such as diary. I noticed that once I eliminated all vegetables from my diet he was feeling better.

As for me, I was hating this. I love to eat vegetables for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My dinners didn't feel complete without a side of broccoli or zucchini. But if Mr. David was gassy from it then it wasn't in my diet. I thought that he might be reacting to some specific vegetables instead of all so I tried eating one vegetable at a time and seeing how he reacted. Of course he reacted to all of them. I stopped experimenting and completely eliminated veggies.

When David was 3 months old I decided to try and reintroduce vegetables into my diet again. I read many articles and research that said by 3 months MOST babies were able to tolerate vegetables. Yup, that wasn't the case for David. Screaming and crying from his gassiness! Back to not eating vegetables :(

A few weeks ago I took the chance of reintroducing vegetables back into my diet and the verdict is....WELCOME BACK VEGGIES! I have missed salads and delicious, healthy sides for my dinner. But now I have a greater appreciation for my vegetables!





No comments:

Post a Comment