Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Wonders of Breastmilk

David has had a stuffy nose for the past couple of weeks already. I can tell that it's not comfortable for him to eat from his bottle at times because his nose is so stuffed...poor boy!

I've been using a nasal spray for babies before bed and throughout the day. Also, his humidifier is on all night and during all his naps. It doesn't seem to be getting better! I know it's the season for stuffy noses but my little guy is uncomfortable with this!

My aunt suggested spraying a few drops of my breastmilk into his nose. My initial thought, "Crazy Russian traditions." But last night I decided to Google this crazy cure. After reading some blogs and articles on this, it started to make sense. Breastmilk has antibodies so it should help...that's why when a baby is sick you need to breastfeed often.

So today I decided to give this weird cure a try. Poor David didn't enjoy it - I think he's used to the nasal spray going through his nose not his tasty milk. But it worked :) His stuffy nose isn't all gone...I had to do it twice today. But he sounds better than the other days. Who knew that breastmilk has multi-purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment