Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Long Nap or Short Nap? You Never Know!

How long is a nap for a baby? An hour, or two, or even three. Not for David! Since day 1 our regular naps ranged from 20 to 30 minutes. David has taught me that whatever is considered the norm or average for a baby then he will do the opposite.

Once in awhile he decides to take an hour nap. That's great that he's getting his rest and giving me some time to rest...but I never do rest while he's napping. I have learned to assume that he's taking his usual 20 minute nap. Therefore, as soon as he's down I quickly attempt to wash the dishes, clean the house, eat, and/or pump within that short timeframe. The times when he does decide to nap for longer I get everything done and I sit on edge waiting to hear his little voice through the video monitor.

So his nap has been an hour and 20 minutes so far...I have to pump but I know that once I start he will suddenly open his eyes and abrupt my pumping session. So why not blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment